Dream 4 It Foundation Awards $11,000.00 in Educational Scholarships and Honors Persons From the Community At Annual Benefit Concert
Foundation’s Seven Year Giving Total Reaches $61,000.00
For Immediate Release (September 17, 2014) Giving, music and celebration were the guiding themes as the Dream 4 It Foundation celebrated its 7th Anniversary on Friday night, August 29th, with a benefit concert and scholarship awards ceremony at the Gordon Center for Performing Arts in Owings Mills, Maryland. Billed as A Sensational Summer Night, six young persons were awarded some $11,000.00 in educational scholarships and book stipends and, a number of persons were honored for their service to the community.
The Foundation’s President, Dr. Anthony Brown, a local minister and accomplished recording artist, began the Foundation in response to the overwhelming reaction he received to a song he had written and recorded entitled, Dream. He adds, “This song has become more than an inspiring lyric, it (the song) has encouraged persons to once again go after their dreams.” It is this theme that serves as the basis for the Foundation’s mission and vision.
This year’s scholarship recipients included:
• Brandon Boddie, Hood College
• Marquise Anthony Findley-Smith, McDaniel College
• Chelsea Milan Hill, York College of Pennsylvania
• Margo Huffman, University of Maryland – College Park
• Ona Ichoku, Carnegie Mellon University
• Kathryn Lee Taylor, Howard Community College
Honorees at this year’s event included:
· Alicia McDowell, Executive Director, Araminta Freedom Initiative, Inc. – The organization is committed to awakening, equipping and mobilizing the Church and our community to end Human Trafficking in the Baltimore area.
· Steve Medinger, Northern Maryland Director - The Fellowship of Christian Athletes - Challenging coaches and athletes on the professional, college, high school, junior high and youth levels to use the powerful medium of athletics to impact the world for Jesus Christ. Steve oversees 30 campus ministries and 17 sports team in the region.
· Hennither Cole, HR Business Partner & Career Consultant - Empowering, equipping and advancing career seekers and business owners with real world strategies & skills to take their professional goals to the next level.
· Pastor Anthony Calhoun, CEO and Founder, Rebuilding Thru Deliverance Substance Abuse, C.D.C Inc. – The organizations goal is to give each person a chance to become a productive member of society and lessen deaths due to HIV/AIDS, robbery, murders, etc. that are a direct result of substance abuse.
In presenting the scholarship awards, Dr. Brown, thanked a number of local companies and individuals who made financial and service donations to the Foundation.
A live DVD concert will be available this month for a Foundation donation of $20.00. Release information will be available on-line at www.dream4it.net or www.anthonybrownmusic.com. This year’s event featured recording Christian recording artist Larnelle Harris.
To find out more about the Dream 4 It Foundation go to www.dream4it.net or call (443) 472-3311. Your donations are appreciated.